NOW SOLD to Barb in North Carolina! Congratulations on bringing home our 404th Bugeye sold!
This is a very thoroughly worked-over Bugeye and a great opportunity to own a very well-sorted classic car that has enjoyed generous spending from prior owners!
This is “Bucky” (AN5L 18013). We first met Bucky in September 2018, when we picked it up for a client in Wisconsin and brought it to our shop for a five speed upgrade along with multiple other improvements totaling about $19,000, including:
- Rebuilding the entire front end
- New disc brake kit
- New swivel axles
- New rack boots
- Repaired parking brake
- Replaced pinion seal
- New steering column bushings
- New hanging gas pedal
- New header with our twin-tip muffler
- Aluminum Radiator
- Six-blade fan
- K&N Lifetime air filters
- New leaf springs
- New flywheel ring gear
- Upgraded rear view mirror
- (there are lots of other items we addressed, ask if you would like to see that build sheet)
We shipped it back to him with about 20 miles indicated on the new GPS speedo in 2018. He put about 1500 miles on the car, then his priorities changed, and he sold us the car in late 2021. In March of 2022, we sold the car to Roy in Oklahoma, and before it departed for Oklahoma, we added another extensive list of roughly $15,000 worth of upgrades.
That round of improvements included:
- New master cylinder
- New hard brake and clutch lines
- Upgraded later Sprite rear drum brakes with new wheel cylinders and shoes
- New front shocks and shock bushings
- New radius arms
- New fuel tank and fuel pickup line
- New solid state fuel pump and end-to-end hard fuel line
- New wiring harness
- New dummy regulator
- LED light conversion including LED headlight bulbs
- New electronic distributor and coil
- New spark plugs
- New battery and battery cables
- New oil pressure line kit
- New radiator hoses
- GPS speedometer
- Electronic tach
- Full dashboard restoration including welding up extra holes, smoothing and recovering with new vinyl
- Recovered dash bar
- New dash grab handle
- All-new dash knobs
- New choke cable
- Rebuilt fuel gauge
- New door liners
- New black bikini top
- And more!
Roy has decided to get something different, so we have the car for sale again, and now we are able to offer an extremely well-sorted Bugeye that’s been impressively upgraded and maintained with about 2300 miles showing on the clock. It’s too bad it never got a repaint, but it remains an awesome experience to have an ultimate driver with a five-speed transmission and all the other correct improvements and make these cars so special.
If you are not cosmetically picky and love the idea of a five-speed overdrive-equipped car with a fully synchronized gearbox, Bucky could be the perfect Bugeye for you! Click “read more” below for a full compliment of photos, check out the driving video above for a taste of what Bucky is like to drive, and give us a call if you’d like to make Bucky your own! Click “read more” below to see the extensive photo album.